SpeakGaelic Terms and Conditions
Last updated 21 August 2021
We may update these user terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) from time to time without notice to You.
Any updated Terms and Conditions will be posted on this Website and the date that these Terms and Conditions were last revised will be included above.
By browsing, using and downloading from www. SpeakGaelic.scot (the Website), You are agreeing to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
2. SpeakGaelic and Website parties
MG ALBA means Seirbheis nam Meadhanan Gaidhlig, a body established pursuant to the Broadcasting Act 1990 and section 208 of the Communications Act 2003, and having a place of business at 54 Seaforth Road, Stornoway Isle of Lewis.
SpeakGaelic is the brand name of the Scottish Gaelic learning materials being delivered the SpeakGaelic Partnership.
The SpeakGaelic Partnership means a partnership of MG ALBA, Sabhal Mòr Ostaig and the BBC.
We and Us, shall mean MG ALBA.
MG ALBA is the owner of this Website.
You, Yourself and Your means the user or viewer of this Website.
3. The SpeakGaelic Resources, Services and Website Materials
The SpeakGaelic Partnership is delivering SpeakGaelic Resources comprising classroom materials, website, audio, audio-visual, and short form content.
The SpeakGaelic Resources are primarily distributed through the Website, BBC Sounds, BBC Radio nan Gaidheal, BBC iPlayer, BBC ALBA and SpeakGaelic social media channels, including YouTube, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Services means Us making certain SpeakGaelic Resources available on the Website for Your use.
The SpeakGaelic Resources available on the Website for Your use comprise:
- Website Content Materials – this meansthe Website content and materials enabling self-directed learning online.
- Classroom Materials – this means the classroom materials that can be used independently or offline, by downloading or printing.
- Class Marketing Materials – this means the teaching marketing materials that can be used independently or offline, by downloading or printing.
Together these three sets of materials plus all other Website information are the Website Materials.
The Website Materials are available for viewing and download for free through the Website and the other platforms listed above.
MG ALBA is not responsible for non-delivery or technical limitations of the end user for any reason in respect of any of the Services and/ or the Website Materials.
4. Learning Log
The Website may give You the option to register and provide information about Yourself and Your SpeakGaelic learning journey for the creation of Your own tailored password protected Learning Log. Your Learning Log will track Your personal SpeakGaelic learning journey.
For the creation of Your Learning Log, You will be asked to select a password and You will be asked to provide Your full name and email address. You will also be asked to select a learning pace.
5. Intellectual Property
All information, content and Website Materials on the Website are subject to copyright, trade mark rights and/or other intellectual property rights.
All names and logos mentioned in the Website may be the marks/trademarks or trading names of their respective owners including Us.
By downloading any Website Materials or other content or resources from the Website, You agree to the following:
- Please use the Website and Website Materials for personal and/or SpeakGaelic teaching use only,
- Please always acknowledge www.speakgaelic.scot as the source of the Website Materials,
- Unless permitted by Us elsewhere in the Terms and Conditions, please do not alter the Website Materials in any way.
You acknowledge that the Website and the Website Materials (available online and downloaded) remain the property of MG ALBA, members of the SpeakGaelic Partnership and certain others at all times and You agree to the Terms and Conditions.
6. Use of Website and Website Materials
The Website and Website Materials are for personal and/or SpeakGaelic teaching use only and You will use the Website and Website Materials in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
1. You may not modify, copy (other than permitted below), reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, by any means or in any manner, any of the Website Content Materials and/or Classroom Materials.
- You may download Classroom Materials for your own personal and/or SpeakGaelic teaching use.
- You may print Classroom Materials for your own personal and/or SpeakGaelic teaching use.
- You may share links from the Website with Your students for SpeakGaelic teaching use.
2. You may modify, print and share the Class Marketing Materials for Your own SpeakGaelic teaching purposes provided always that You do not remove any of the information, marks and/or logos belonging to SpeakGaelic, any party to the SpeakGaelic Partnership and any SpeakGaelic funders.
You acknowledge that, by making use of this Website and/or the Website Materials, you are agreeing to comply with these special use provisions and the Terms and Conditions.
7. Links to other websites or resources
The Website contains links to other websites. Unless stated otherwise, We have no control over these sites and. You acknowledge and agree that We are not responsible for the availability of such external sites and We do not endorse and We are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites.